We are now looking for a food runner to join our enthusiastic and passionate opening team at Brasserie Astoria.
In 2021, the Frantzén Group opened Brasserie Astoria in the former Astoria cinema in Stockholm, a place with a history of international glory as the it spot for urban Stockholmers to socialize back in the 20s and 30s.
The Astoria of today wants to recreate the international and sophisticated experience with a strong focus on warm, knowledgeable service. Now it’s time to take Brasserie Astoria to Singapore and the iconic Victoria Theater & Concert Hall, with its roots from the 1800s.
Food Runner responsibilities include setting tables, serving food orders and removing used dishes and utensils. If you like to gain experience in the restaurant industry and learn how to provide an excellent dining experience, we would like to meet you. To be considered for this role, you should be available to work various shifts, including weekends.
Ultimately, you will ensure the guests have a high-quality dining experience by serving their food in a timely and accurate manner.
Food Runner Responsibilities:
- Deliver food orders from the kitchen to customers tables rapidly and accurately
- Act as the contact point between Front of the House and Back of the House staff
- Communicate food orders to chefs, paying attention to priorities and special requests (e.g. food allergies)
- Assist the wait staff with table setting by fetching and placing appropriate tableware, eating utensils and napkins
- Ensure food is served in accordance with safety standards (e.g. proper temperature)
- Check in with customers and take additional orders or refill water, as needed
- Remove dirty dishes and utensils
- Answer guests questions about ingredients and menu items
- Inform restaurant staff about customers feedback or requests (e.g. when they ask for the check)
- Make sure families with young children get kids menus and special silverware sets
Food Runner Requirements and skills:
- Experience as a Food Expeditor or similar entry-level role in a restaurant
- Understanding of hygiene and food safety rules
- Physical ability and stamina to carry heavy trays and stand for long hours
- Availability to work various shifts, including weekends
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a fast-paced work environment
Join us and be part of our team