The partnership between Frantzén Group and Harrods is a monumental milestone in Harrods restaurant agenda. We are bringing Björn Frantzén’s signature cuisine to the UK for the first time while unveiling a state-of-the-art flagship restaurant within our Knightsbridge store.
As the world’s leading luxury retail emporium, we make the impossible possible, and our hospitality offer is evolving and expanding rapidly across our stores. We are a welcoming and close-knit family who are passionate about food and beverage and aim to create magic and memorable experiences for every customer, every day.
About Frantzén Group
In 2008, Björn Frantzén opened his first restaurant, Frantzén in Stockholm, Sweden. The restaurant was awarded two stars in Guide Michelin after only two years in service, and its third star after six months in its current location. The Frantzén Group includes several establishments in Stockholm and is established internationally with three Michelin starred Zén in Singapore. In 2022 the group will establish 3 new restaurants internationally.
The successful candidate will
- Have 1 year plus experience in the same role
- Michelin star experience is preferable, but not essential
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team
As a Chef De Partie (CDP) you are responsible supporting the Head and Sous Chef in a busy kitchen delivering consistently high-quality food, handle purchase orders and ensure that items arriving without authorization are not received. Ensures the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keeps up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
The role includes
- Taking care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant
- Coordinate daily tasks with the Sous Chef
- Responsible to supervise junior chefs and interns
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils
- Consults daily with Sous Chef and Executive chef on the daily requirements, functions and also about any last minute events
- Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise
- Assess quality control and adhere to hotels service standard
At Harrods we believe the personality and authenticity of our people sets us apart. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes and experiences and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
If you want to know more about our people and our culture, search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or Instagram, or tune in to our podcast True Tales from Harrods. Listen on Spotify, iTunes, Google Podcasts or Amazon Music
*The amount of tronc you receive will vary and is not guaranteed by either Harrods Ltd or the Troncmaster. However, the Troncmaster will always distribute 100% funds available each period according to the Rules, a copy of which will be provided to all members